Money24Seven

I guess you're wondering by now who exactly Wilson Cowden is - right? So I've decided to tell you a little about myself. I'm now 57 years young and am married to Denyse. We live in a small coastal village at the foot of the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Link Building When Will Backlinks Show Up In Google?

Many times website owners who are new to link building simply don't know what to expect when it comes to the time frame for registering backlinks.

Here's a common question I get:
"I've just started marketing my brand new website, and I know I have backlinks coming into my site, yet when I do a check for incoming links, nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong?"

Probably not--A backlink check will tell you how many incoming links are registered with a particular search engine, but it will not tell you how many backlinks you actually have.
Why is that? Well, it usually takes search engines months to re-evaluate incoming links, so if you do a backlink check today, there are likely links that are going into your site that haven't yet been calculated in.

It would be nice if we could build links and then immediately have them show up in a backlink check, but that's just not the way the internet works.
As you're building links to your site, here are some ways to keep track of your progress and build links effectively over time:

How To Do A Backlink Check
It's incredibly easy to do a backlink check for your site. In Google, just type this into the search box (replacing the 'yourwebsite.com' part with your URL):

link:http://www.yourwebsite.com/

The results of that search will bring up a list of sites that are linking to your website address. In the upper right hand corner of Google you'll be able to see a total count of your registered backlinks.
An even better tool is Yahoo Site Explorer https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com which provides a list of your registered backlinks and much more detailed information. Both of these backlink checking tools are free, so you can try each one out (or do both).

Why Are Backlinks Not Showing Up For My Site?  Read More
Link Building: When Will Backlinks Show Up In Google?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home